Strip Down Boiler Servicing
Did you know that there are different types of boiler service available?
While an annual boiler service is an invaluable way of keeping your homes combi boiler running smoothly and efficiently, due to natural wear and the heat erosion caused within internal spark/electrode/flame sensing devices, a full strip down service is required every 5+ years.
What is a Strip Down Service?
A strip down service covers the following:
- We isolate and drain down the boiler.
- We recharge the boilers internal expansion vessel.
- We remove and clean boilers condensate trap.
- We remove the boiler’s fan and gas valve assembly.
- We remove and replace the boiler’s spark electrode/flame sensing device.
- We clean the main heat exchanger and replace the main heat exchanger seal.
- We refit the boiler’s fan and gas valve assembly.
- We refill the boiler.
- We check the boilers electric wiring and fuse rating.
- We run the boiler through a series of manufacturer required checks.
- We run the boiler through operational tests.
- We issue a boiler service certificate.
What are the benefits of a strip down boiler service?
Like a normal annual boiler service, the benefits of a strip down service has many benefits including:
Reducing your energy bills
A clean and efficient boiler will keep your energy bills down and reduce your carbon footprint.
Save money on boiler repairs
When we are conducting a full strip down service of a boiler, we will be able to spot any developing issues that may cause a future breakdown and repair them before they become an issue. And because your boiler will still be under warranty, it can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Peace of mind
Have you ever experienced a home with no heating in the depths of winter? If you have then you will know that it is not a pleasant experience. Having your boiler serviced and checked over will give you peace of mind that your boiler is running smoothly and efficient for the hard winter months ahead.
Find out more
If you are looking for a qualified heating engineer to carry out a full strip down boiler service then get in touch. You can text or call directly on 07746 942 768.